The necessary tools:
The panel mounting surface should be even and free from dust.
- Plan the installation of panels on the wall.
- Set the initial lines on the wall with a spirit level.
- Apply the adhesive on the contours of the panels at a distance of 1 cm from the edge. In case of using the large panels it is recommended to apply the adhesive through the center of the panel.
- Stick the panel to the wall, press in places where the adhesive was deployed and mount the panels straight on the wall.
- Set the panels and remove the free spaces by dragging the panels against each other.
- Cutting - mark the cutting place with a ruler and a pencil, adding a 2mm supply (try a cut on an unnecessary item). Adjust the cuted element to the wall or panel.
- Drying of the adhesive - wait a minute according to the manufacturer's information specification until the panel is binding and will be reasonably stable.
- Cleaning - panels can be cleaned using a clothes roll or a tip for upholstered furniture.
PreparationThe day before assembly, remove the panels from the packaging. Spread loosely all the elements to stretch the bent panels.
Prepare: wallpaper knife, glue and gun, spirit level, measuring tape, ruler, pencil or felt-tip pen.
InstallationThe next day, after stretching the panels, proceed to designate a line on the wall. If the idea of laying the panels is symmetrical, mark the symmetry line in the middle and start laying it.
- tolerance of O! Bubble panels is +/- 3mm, starting with a symmetry line, you will get a symmetrical arrangement of panels on the wall,
- preparing the wall does not require a large contribution - just clean it from dust.
Glue impositionSpread the adhesive on the contours of the panels at a distance of 1 cm from the edge. For large panels, apply the adhesive through the center of the panel.
- cut the cartoucher applicator 2 cm from its end - this will allow you to get a wider adhesive band,
- applying glue, press the tip of the applicator to the panel and slowly move along the contour of the panel while squeezing the glue,
- try to avoid dirtying the panel with glue, if the panel gets dirty, clean it as soon as possible.
Don't let the glue to gets dry - it will damage the panel.
Stick the panelPlace the panel against the wall and press it with your hand at the adhesive areas.
- glue has a strong grip and after pressing it for a a while the panel will not fall off,
- stick some panels side by side and fold them together.
Fold the panelsFold the panels so that there are no free spaces between them. Slide the panels between them by pressing with your palm and slide to the adjacent panel.
- the time to fit the panels is up to approx. 20 minutes, depending on the environment temperature,
- the panels are made of flexible sponge so you can "squeeze" and "stretch", they are also easy to fold together.
Cutting the panelsOn the top of the panel, draw a cut line with a 2-3 mm margin. Place the ruler on the drawn line without pressing the panel too much.
- for cutting, it's best to use the best cutter for wallpapers,
- a trial cut can be made on an unnecessary part of the panel,
- cut elements will reveal the inside of the panel, they should be placed to the perpendicular side of the ceiling wall so that they are not visible.
Electrical sockets and switchesMark the place on the panel, where the switch or socket is located and cut out the hole with a diameter smaller by 1 cm. At the place of the cut, we put a larger amount of glue and stick it. Attach the socket or light switch by pressing firmly.
CleaningLeave the panels to dry completely for 24 hours. Then you can vacuum them with the tip for upholstered furniture.
The final result
Method of use and maintenance:
- Panels installation should be done away from open flames, sparks or electric heaters.
- In places with higher humidity, panels should not be installed due to the absorbent structure of the foam.
- It is not recommended to mount panels in places with intense sunlight, it may cause discoloration or discoloration of the surface.
- The panels can easily be damaged with sharp tools or furniture corner.
- Avoid soiling the panels